The University of Arizona logo

Political Or Other Employment Leave

Policy Contents

PDF version

Policy Information

PDF version
Policy Number: 
UHAP 8.04.04
Responsible Unit: 
Faculty Affairs


  1. An employee who wishes to campaign for political office or who is elected to public office or who undertakes other significant non-University duty should request full or partial leave.
  2. The extent of such leave will be determined by the President.

* Please note that sections titled Frequently Asked Questions, Sources, Related Information, and Revision History are provided solely for the convenience of users and are not part of the official University policy.