Subject to legislative appropriations and approval by the Arizona Board of Regents, merit increases may be granted at a time specified to eligible Classified Staff employees subject to the availability of funds and in accordance with the following general guidelines:
- Similarly situated Classified Staff employees (occupational grouping) within the same department with the same overall performance rating, shall receive similar merit increases.
- Those employees with an overall rating of "exceeds job requirements," "far exceeds job requirements," or "meritorious" on the most recent written performance appraisal may receive a greater merit increase than similarly situated Classified Staff employees within the same department, with a lower overall written performance appraisal rating.
Eligible Classified Staff employees are those who
- meet the continuous service requirement in effect for that adjustment period;
- received on their most recent written performance appraisal an overall rating of "meets job requirements" or "satisfactory," and
- have a salary which is not at or above the salary range maximum for the employee's assigned job classification.
While merit increases are not subject to the Staff Dispute Resolution Procedure, they are subject to the following appeal process. Individuals may submit a written appeal to their Dean/Vice President, who will resolve differences. The Dean/Vice President will reply in writing. This reply is final and concludes the appeal.