The purpose of this policy is to ensure:
- The health and safety of University personnel and the public;
- The security and integrity of equipment, systems, and materials contained within any restricted area;
- The efficient and effective operation and maintenance of the equipment and systems contained within any restricted area;
- Compliance with all applicable federal, state, local, and University regulations, codes, standards, policies, and procedures related to the equipment, systems, and/or materials contained within any restricted area;
- That all work within any restricted area is properly controlled and supervised to ensure that appropriate installation and construction methods and standards have been followed; and
- That University liability exposure is adequately controlled and minimized.