To discover, educate, serve and inspire
An exceptional learning environment
A place of possibility
A destination for the world's best thinkers
Extend the frontiers of knowledge, discovery, and creativity
Prepare and inspire students for their future roles in the world as thinkers, learners, leaders and responsible citizens.
Serve as a model for linking scholarship and creative expression to our land-grant mandate to serve our communities.
Our Core Values:
Our core values describe who we are and how we fulfill the University's mission.
- A diverse and inclusive community: People are the source of our strength. Their different perspectives, backgrounds and experiences make us stronger. We treat people with respect and share decision making to create a climate that supports the success of all who learn and work here.
- Excellence: We hold to the highest standards in all we do and we invest our resources accordingly.
- Innovation and entrepreneurial action: We explore new approaches, challenge the status quo, and foster creative endeavor.
- Integrity: We honor our commitments; take responsibility for our actions; are honest, fair and just in all we do; and stand ready to make informed decisions for the good of the community.
- Partnerships: We create synergies and expand opportunities through collaborative and interdisciplinary approaches. As Arizona's land-grant university, we embrace the opportunity to enable communities to share new knowledge to benefit Arizona and the world.
The full text of the University's strategic plan is available online as follows:
- 5-Year Strategic Plan, FY 2012-2016