Classified Staff employees are expected to adhere to the rules of conduct of the University, the Arizona Board of Regents, and the employee's department. Inappropriate behavior that may result in application of the Disciplinary Action Policy, Policy 403.0, includes, but shall not be limited to:
- Absence without legitimate excuse and/or failure to follow departmental notification procedures.
- Chronic or repeated absenteeism resulting in failure to perform assigned duties or impairment of the operation of the work unit.
- Repeated tardiness without legitimate excuse and/or failure to follow departmental notification procedures.
Failure to maintain appropriate personal appearance or dress, including uniform or style of dress, according to departmental standards.
- Discourtesy toward others (i.e., failure to work harmoniously with coworkers or serve the public with courtesy).
- Gambling while at work.
- Hindering or limiting normal operations or interfering with another employee's work.
- Illegal conduct or conduct damaging to the University's public relations.
- Incompetency, neglect of duty, or unsatisfactory performance of assigned job duties.
- Failure or refusal to comply with a supervisor's or responsible administrator's instructions, unless the instructions are illegal or endanger the employee's health or safety.
- Committing or threatening to commit physical or verbal abuse of others.
- Refusal to obey the normal or emergency instructions of law enforcement officials or other proper authorities or responsible administrators.
- Smoking in prohibited areas.
- Sleeping on duty.
- Unlawful or unauthorized use, carrying or possession of firearms, explosives, or other potentially dangerous weapons on University property.
- Carelessness or inattention to duty resulting in injury to property or person(s).
- Failure to maintain prescribed records.
- Concealing, falsifying, altering, misusing, or removing records.
- Theft of property.
- Unauthorized or unapproved use of University vehicles.
- Misuse or negligent use of University property and/or resources, including, but not limited to, employees, facilities, mail, supplies, equipment, or telephones.
- Misappropriation of University property or the property of other employees.
Rules and Regulations
- Failure to follow prescribed rules, regulations, policies, or procedures of the ABOR, University, and/or department.
- Violations of the Nondiscrimination and Anti-Harassment Policy.
- Violation of safety rules or common safety practices.
- Consuming alcoholic beverages or being under the influence of alcoholic beverages while on duty.
- While on duty, distribution of narcotics or controlled substances, or possession or use of narcotics or any controlled substance(s) not prescribed for the employee by a physician, or being under the influence of narcotics or any controlled substance(s) not prescribed for the employee by a physician.